NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby Royal Blue » Fri May 07, 2021 5:53 pm

The National League is almost a separate entity in non-league imo. The rest of it was shut down democratically and has FA approval. Southend and Grimsby will go down for sure.

How Wealdstone found ourselves at this lofty level I do not know. Oh yeah, Dean Brennan..
User avatar
Royal Blue
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby attic » Fri May 07, 2021 8:10 pm

Royal Blue wrote:The National League is almost a separate entity in non-league imo. The rest of it was shut down democratically and has FA approval. Southend and Grimsby will go down for sure.

How Wealdstone found ourselves at this lofty level I do not know. Oh yeah, Dean Brennan..



Indeed quite how we ended up here is incredible. Reminds me of the sketch from spitting image in 1990 where it depicts how John Major (purely by chance) ended up leading the party.

Suppose being the best team last season has something to do with it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
User avatar
attic
 
Posts: 8802
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby Royal Blue » Sat May 08, 2021 8:00 am

attic wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:The National League is almost a separate entity in non-league imo. The rest of it was shut down democratically and has FA approval. Southend and Grimsby will go down for sure.

How Wealdstone found ourselves at this lofty level I do not know. Oh yeah, Dean Brennan..



Suppose being the best team last season has something to do with it.


Yeah, great keeper (Ox) mostly, established CB partnership (Stevens/Okimo), two great marauding full backs, oh and Clifford pulling strings for Lewis, Moses, Rosco, etc. And that was not all - Charles, etc. We've got to get back to a side that works/flows.
User avatar
Royal Blue
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby worruz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:40 pm

We’ll be playing Notts County next season.
They lost 4-2 to Torquay today.

They’ll be in trouble next year. Won’t they lose parachute patents, plus their academy will take a hit?
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby deadly » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:07 pm

worruz wrote:We’ll be playing Notts County next season.
They lost 4-2 to Torquay today.

They’ll be in trouble next year. Won’t they lose parachute patents, plus their academy will take a hit?


I belive that you are correct on both counts there Pete.
I have never understood why ex lesgue teams have to disband their youth academy's if they do not get back into the League 2.

Of more interest to the hot -blooded male supporters of the Stones is that the City of Nottingham has the highest ratio of females to males in the country, thought that percentage is not as high as some fsns think. :lol: .. having said that, I did see some eye-opening things at the end of watching a gig there many years ago. One rather desperate to get hooked up lass had noticed a beered up lad sprawled near unconscious on the dance floor and she tried very hard to revive him, so to speak.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
User avatar
deadly
 
Posts: 3689
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:28 pm
Location: Adeyfield, Hemel Hempstead, Herts

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby worruz » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:31 pm

deadly wrote:
worruz wrote:We’ll be playing Notts County next season.
They lost 4-2 to Torquay today.

They’ll be in trouble next year. Won’t they lose parachute patents, plus their academy will take a hit?


I belive that you are correct on both counts there Pete.
I have never understood why ex lesgue teams have to disband their youth academy's if they do not get back into the League 2.

Of more interest to the hot -blooded male supporters of the Stones is that the City of Nottingham has the highest ratio of females to males in the country, thought that percentage is not as high as some fsns think. :lol: .. having said that, I did see some eye-opening things at the end of watching a gig there many years ago. One rather desperate to get hooked up lass had noticed a beered up lad sprawled near unconscious on the dance floor and she tried very hard to revive him, so to speak.


Oh yes, I remember her.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby Windermere Bore » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:17 pm

deadly wrote: City of Nottingham has the highest ratio of females to males in the country, thought that percentage is not as high as some fsns think. :lol: .. having said that, I did see some eye-opening things at the end of watching a gig there many years ago. One rather desperate to get hooked up lass had noticed a beered up lad sprawled near unconscious on the dance floor and she tried very hard to revive him, so to speak.


Lordy :shock: !
Which cartoon duo features on the cover of the current issue of "Viz"?
...and where are they & their creator from?
I think it was the last game I attended in Mansfield that two birds of San & Tray build, dressed in similar attire, were knocking the crap out of each other outside a pub, while onlookers of both genders (Don't think they have "non-binary" in Mansfield) cheered them on. It was Jan or Feb and about 2 degrees centigrade.
Windermere Bore
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:17 am

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:49 pm

deadly wrote:
worruz wrote:We’ll be playing Notts County next season.
They lost 4-2 to Torquay today.

They’ll be in trouble next year. Won’t they lose parachute patents, plus their academy will take a hit?


I belive that you are correct on both counts there Pete.
I have never understood why ex lesgue teams have to disband their youth academy's if they do not get back into the League 2.

Of more interest to the hot -blooded male supporters of the Stones is that the City of Nottingham has the highest ratio of females to males in the country, thought that percentage is not as high as some fsns think. :lol: .. having said that, I did see some eye-opening things at the end of watching a gig there many years ago. One rather desperate to get hooked up lass had noticed a beered up lad sprawled near unconscious on the dance floor and she tried very hard to revive him, so to speak.


And if he hadn’t have been revived, would there be no Deadley.
Stoney Ground
 
Posts: 2572
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:01 am

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby deadly » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:59 pm

worruz wrote:
deadly wrote:
worruz wrote:We’ll be playing Notts County next season.
They lost 4-2 to Torquay today.

They’ll be in trouble next year. Won’t they lose parachute patents, plus their academy will take a hit?


I believe that you are correct on both counts there Pete.
I have never understood why ex league teams have to disband their youth academy's if they do not get back into the League 2.

Of more interest to the hot -blooded male supporters of the Stones is that the City of Nottingham has the highest ratio of females to males in the country, thought that percentage is not as high as some fans think. :lol: .. having said that, I did see some eye-opening things at the end of watching a gig there many years ago. One rather desperate to get hooked up lass had noticed a beered up lad sprawled near unconscious on the dance floor and she tried very hard to revive him, so to speak.


Oh yes, I remember her.


We seem to have wandered off topic again, but anyway, I have just found a video on YouTube of the concert: It was the band Pop Will Eat itself playing at the Rock City in Nottingham, back in 1992.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPHT5Ilc3d4&t=70s
They of course played their appropriately-themed anthem 'Beaver Patrol', which song apparently is not about Hampton FC, much to my surprise.
Pretty chaotic but fun.

Apparently Nottingham STILL has a lively night life scene all these years later so I am told, as well as a plethora of very good alehouses, just perfect for a weekend trip for the Wealdstone hoards to enjoy next season.

Notts County away and Southend away could see the biggest away trip following bar the local derby trips to Maidenhead, Boreham Wood, Bromley & Barnet.
And quite possibly the biggest away support at the Vale , possibly even becoming an attendance record.
Notts County's failure to get promoted in the play-offs is our gain.
Fingers crossed.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
User avatar
deadly
 
Posts: 3689
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:28 pm
Location: Adeyfield, Hemel Hempstead, Herts

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE NEXT SEASON

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:04 am

My Sunday team went to Nottingham on 4 or 5 end of season tours. I can confirm it was easier to score up there than it was to hit the old barn door. There was no loyalty to friends, it was dog eat dog, to coin a phrase, as in the main they were good looking girls.
BillyByrneFan
 
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 am

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests