Dagenham & Redbridge 0-5 Full Time

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Dagenham & Redbridge 0-5 Full Time

Postby StoneBroke » Sat May 08, 2021 5:35 pm

Too many people on this forum show about as much composure as our defence. The new management team have their hands tied. Half the players are not good enough and the other half would probably wish they were injured right now.

Lowest budget, half a squad, demotivated players, many of which are not up to this level, no consequence of failure with no relgation, full time opposition with much to play for. ..... what the hell do you expect?..

Everybody wants this season to end ASAP, not least the new management team, so they can focus solely on building for next season. Whether you agree with the appointment or not, I do not think that any manager or coach of any caliber would be turning this around. So if you can’t bear the pain then don’t watch or comment.

I must say though that the continuous string of heavy defeats will leave mental scars into next season for the players that we want to keep. Picking them up and rebuilding is a massive task , not least at this level and would be a test of any manager. It’s a real baptism of fire for Maynard and Saunders. They are the choice of a board that has my support and I obviously hope they succeed. But make no mistake. Staying up next season will be a massive achievement and some positivity and encouragement among supporters have a big role to play in that. So, accept your fate this season and find a positivity coach or therapist for next season. Platty.
StoneBroke

Postby attic » Sat May 08, 2021 5:43 pm

Ridiculous to try and deflect anything towards a supporter. All the supporters have done is contribute towards the players wages. That gives them absolute power to criticise whether constructive or not. Some....(and this certainly can't be aimed at the entire team) simply didn't show a willingness to earn their money today.

If we're going to insist on this being a perpetually 'fans owned and sponsored' club, let's at least have some respect for those same fans when they do get a bit ratty.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Sat May 08, 2021 5:49 pm

Why did the management leave the regular experienced players on the bench today, instead of starting them.??

Stones will be bookies certs for relegation next season... The scars from this season. ... "Will any decent players want to come to a struggling club next season?"
charlie

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat May 08, 2021 5:53 pm

worruz wrote:To be fair Bowgetstone is correct.

He's not the manager. Stuart Maynard wanted the job and he's certainly got it now.

It's down to him to deal with this and he has to do it.

That first half today was totally unacceptable, regardless of what's gone on, and it follows several other unacceptable performances.

But he has been unable to sign players, and then had to bring players back off of furlough who were not getting in the side previously ie Dan Wishart and Charlee Hughes. Players that were playing previously ie Ross, Michee and Moses probably our higher earners are not the ones being brought back.

Loan players brought in have been injured Tavares, Shelvey and Langston. Cawley going on loan to Concord tells you everything you need to know, our season was over the day they agreed on no relegation.

He is responsible because he is the manager and we looked better defensively in his early games but then the chopping and changing and having no real options.

What does have a bearing on a team performance is individual effort and team ethic, that is what’s missing and that is as much down to players. If they aren’t going to be here next season will they bust a gut getting back or go in for a 50/50 in a game where the result doesn’t matter.

I’ve said it before judge them next season, when they have their pre season and a squad they’ve selected. Not one DB has left them and severe financial constraints.

We are 19th and at the start of the season that would have been classed as an achievement.

I’m pretty sure the 7-10 players they wanted to keep has reduced in number.
Stoney Ground

Postby Bowgetstone » Sat May 08, 2021 5:53 pm

attic wrote:Ridiculous to try and deflect anything towards a supporter. All the supporters have done is contribute towards the players wages. That gives them absolute power to criticise whether constructive or not. Some....(and this certainly can't be aimed at the entire team) simply didn't show a willingness to earn their money today.

If we're going to insist on this being a perpetually 'fans owned and sponsored' club, let's at least have some respect for those same fans when they do get a bit ratty.

Well said attic.
Bowgetstone

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat May 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Bowgetstone wrote:
Stoney Ground wrote:
Bowgetstone wrote:The manager might agree, but seems incapable of doing anything about it.

So what should he do about it, or what would you do.

Be interested in hearing the master plan.

I’m not paid to do anything about it. That’s the managers job.

And the Players?
Stoney Ground

Postby 61663 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:57 pm

Seems like we have to ‘put up’ with another ‘shame’ inducing performance.

The predictable - but only partially justified - drone of exculpation will continue due to our lack of ‘wealth’ on and off the pitch.

But we must really ‘shut up’ as we inexorably progress to the golden number of 100 goals conceded..... nothing to do with the well intentioned but in reality naive decision to give the current MT incumbents the ‘chance’ to prove themselves.... some may argue the opposite in view of the (alleged) insuperable challenge they have had to face in the past few months... some console themselves that it could be even worse ie greater defeats or feel some comfort with only a ‘minor’ defeat....

The fact is that we now have a zombie team consisting collectively of individuals - with very few honourable exceptions- suffering from the football equivalent of ‘death grip syndrome’, incapable of a positive response to even apply themselves to be effectively organised in defence ..... even worse, we are being conditioned to have virtually no aspiration to score a single goal..... like it or not, this is still the responsibility of the current MT...

Yes, we have another few weeks to masochistically endure this self induced pain.... but how many are now tuning into the weekly streamed virtual torture chamber ...... more how many - including ST holders - will be willing to partake of the real ‘product’ in two weeks time and even more critically willing to invest and renew for the next season.....

Wait with interest to hear the ‘defence’ ....
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby worruz » Sat May 08, 2021 6:01 pm

As I said, the management team wanted the job, they've got it.

That wasn't acceptable today.......again.

Its not about mine or anyone on this forums composure.

If you're a goal down after a minute and two down after five that's just not acceptable for me. I dont care about the circumstances The players we put out there today are more than capable of doing better.

The management team have to take their share of responsibility. I doubt the board who appointed them think differently as well.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby charlie » Sat May 08, 2021 6:05 pm

There is no defence apart from pleading poverty 61663.

The scars are gonna run deep. Laughing Stock club is becoming the common theme.

Naturally we will only be fishing for players further down the pyramid.

Still lets enjoy next season (cough) it might never happen again.
charlie

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat May 08, 2021 6:14 pm

attic wrote:Ridiculous to try and deflect anything towards a supporter. All the supporters have done is contribute towards the players wages. That gives them absolute power to criticise whether constructive or not. Some....(and this certainly can't be aimed at the entire team) simply didn't show a willingness to earn their money today.

Still not heard any master plans.

Ok Charlie asks why leave the experienced players on the bench Dyer has been injured and Phillips also, but isn’t Sonny meant to play every game after his cameo coming on in his debut.

We only have about 16 to choose from, so players need rest.

My biggest concern today was playing Riley at right back but that’s in hindsight, I don’t know his previous experience in that position but he didn’t look comfortable. But again it’s looking at options as Olowu has played their but has looked better at centre half the other options are Phillips. The substitutions and change of shape helped us but the game was lost in the first 5 minutes, and some players showed that.
Stoney Ground

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum