Bromley Home 11/05/2021 Lost: 0-1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Bromley Home 11/05/2021 Lost: 0-1

Postby Blue & White Army » Wed May 12, 2021 11:17 am

charlie wrote:Performance showed signs of new green shoots for the management duo.

Are but will they flourish those green shoots and flower next season ? . Just keep watering and avoid the frost !

Ted Rogers anyone...
Blue & White Army

Postby worruz » Wed May 12, 2021 11:31 am

deadly wrote:
worruz wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:It still doesn't matter,

I find your candour most commendable Sir and I respect the volubility of your prose, but, I respectfully disagree with you Sir and you pull my nose for my opine if you so wish.

Is this a quote from 'Pride & Prejudice' , or 'Sense & Sensibility' Peter old chap?

I have always suspected that the vast majority of the Wealdstone support are very-well educated, calm of demeanor and well-spoken. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Sir!

Nicholas Nickleby Sir!

Or any other such novel penned by the great and venerable Mr Dickens.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby worruz » Wed May 12, 2021 11:33 am

Blue & White Army wrote:
charlie wrote:Performance showed signs of new green shoots for the management duo.

Are but will they flourish those green shoots and flower next season ? . Just keep watering and avoid the frost !

Ted Rogers anyone...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I reckon its a caravan

worruz

Postby charlie » Wed May 12, 2021 1:06 pm

The blokes crackers.
charlie

Postby attic » Wed May 12, 2021 1:15 pm

worruz wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:It still doesn't matter,

I find your candour most commendable Sir and I respect the volubility of your prose, but, I respectfully disagree with you Sir and you may pull my nose for my opine if you so wish.

Well...it will matter for those players who have possibly played themselves out of a contract next season. It will matter for the management as like it or not they will be judged rather more harsh now. It may well matter when it comes to season ticket sales and the potential for our more casual fans to not bother. As fickle as it may sound, a win against Solihull at home may actually do more good than any effective marketing campaign.

Come on Stones....just the once.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Wed May 12, 2021 1:49 pm

attic wrote: As fickle as it may sound, a win against Solihull at home may actually do more good than any effective marketing campaign.

Come on Stones....just the once.

I agree with this. If we can pull off a decent performance and win that game it could actually mean something in a terms of a few season ticket sales.

A lot of people wouldn't follow the politics of this season too closely. They'll know about the lack of relegation but they'll also see loss after loss and just think that's not something worth investing time and money in.

worruz

Postby timfparks » Wed May 12, 2021 2:37 pm

That’s true about the floaters Bappo but I also believe people will see the bigger picture. Wealdstone fans are no strangers to adversity and I’d argue that for the more recent converts this is a dose of reality to counterbalance the years of progress that have been witnessed at Grosvenor Vale. Nobody said it was going to be easy. This is a time to prove what being a true supporter is all about, and the word ‘supporter’ spells it out. I fervently hope that every one of our season ticket holders (if not more) will swell the new stands and terracing at the Vale for the Solihull game and remember just what we are all about
timfparks

Postby attic » Wed May 12, 2021 6:33 pm

By the way I thought Dyer was excellent last night. Given the main man role in midfield he looked the Rolls Royce we know he can be.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Ronnie » Thu May 13, 2021 6:21 am

Their obnoxious manager saying our pitch wasn't nice in his post match interview. What does he want, a carpet? Hope they go up via the playoffs and another plastic pitch gone. And if they make the playoffs chances are that will screw Notts who they bizarrely still have to play twice. Arse.
Ronnie

Postby charlie » Thu May 13, 2021 9:31 am

Yes Could not understand why the Bromley manager thought the pitch was bad/poor. Any old excuse for their performance, Three points not enough for him.

On pitches the excellent Mr Parks ( steady on charlie tone it down) mentioned in his commentary to " The King of Lower Mead" about Lower Mead having an uphill section?

Get a grip Mr Parks you are as bad as the Bromley Manager.
charlie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum