Chesterfield Away 15/05/2021 0-0 FULL TIME

For all things Wealdstone FC

Chesterfield Away 15/05/2021 0-0 FULL TIME

Postby deadly » Fri May 14, 2021 11:17 am

Chesterfield F.C. official match preview & streaming link (£10) :
https://chesterfield-fc.co.uk/match-pre ... or-granted

“They are going to play with freedom, that’s for sure. They have run a couple of the top teams very close."

“We can’t take the points for granted. With three games left, we need to make sure that this is a victory and three points."

Wealdstone F.C. official match preview:
https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/ches ... ch-preview

Stones boss Stuart Maynard:
"Myself and Matt are taking it one game at a time but behind the scenes we do have one eye on next season in what we need, where we need to go and what direction to go in, so yeah we are definitely planning for it but our main focus now is Chesterfield away.
We've got to be on it, we've got to be focused and be prepared to give everything and if we do we will go there and be competitive."
Last edited by deadly on Sat May 15, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Re: Chesterfield Away 15/05/2021

Postby Royal Blue » Fri May 14, 2021 11:49 am

deadly wrote:
"Myself and Matt are taking it one game at a time but behind the scenes we do have one eye on next season in what we need, where we need to go and what direction to go in, so yeah we are definitely planning for it but our main focus now is Chesterfield away.
We've got to be on it, we've got to be focused and be prepared to give everything and if we do we will go there and be competitive."

I really hope SM is joking and this is fan management speak. I'll be cheeky and front another PR piece -

'Myself and Matt are solely focused on next season now and we've got 10 weeks to find and recruit the very best players we can afford and whom will be a great fit with our tactical plans. Chesterfield gives us another great opportunity to see what good looks like in the NL, but that's not to say we won't have a crack at them too and further assess any players we have an interest in keeping. We are so excited about having fans back, the improvements to the stadium and being really competitive on the pitch next season - we can't wait.'

That's where the energy needs to go imo because there is a LOT to do!

Pain now, pleasure later.. let's fight ze war on one front.
Royal Blue

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Fri May 14, 2021 12:54 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
deadly wrote:

I really hope SM is joking and this is fan management speak. I'll be cheeky and front another PR piece -

'Myself and Matt are solely focused on next season now and we've got 10 weeks to find and recruit the very best players we can afford and whom will be a great fit with our tactical plans. Chesterfield gives us another great opportunity to see what good looks like in the NL, but that's not to say we won't have a crack at them too and further assess any players we have an interest in keeping. We are so excited about having fans back, the improvements to the stadium and being really competitive on the pitch next season - we can't wait.'

I think the only people who have said results and performances right now don't matter are fans. SM and MS have consistently said (in post match interviews) results and performances right now do matter as they have an impact on their ability to recruit new players, determine who they will and won't retain and set the tone going into pre-season. Not to mention that we are still spending a significant amount of money despite furloughing a large number of the squad. Personally I think he's right that the focus should be on a good performance, giving a good account of ourselves, married with getting the prep for next season done in the background.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby Royal Blue » Fri May 14, 2021 1:03 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:
deadly wrote:

I think the only people who have said results and performances right now don't matter are fans. SM and MS have consistently said (in post match interviews) results and performances right now do matter as they have an impact on their ability to recruit new players, determine who they will and won't retain and set the tone going into pre-season. Not to mention that we are still spending a significant amount of money despite furloughing a large number of the squad. Personally I think he's right that the focus should be on a good performance, giving a good account of ourselves, married with getting the prep for next season done in the background.

Definitely fair enough view, but for me we are not on a level playing field so the competitive integrity has gone. As Rory has apparently said, we are playing/operating with one arm tied behind. Not so next season, we will cut our cloth and fight with that - equally. Having said that, there is some pride at stake and we certainly don't want a mullering or to bring up the 100 goals conceded badge.
Royal Blue

Postby Royal Blue » Sat May 15, 2021 2:00 pm

This game is in the radio btw. Elastic FM via Spreaker app. Link on Twitter.

I also note Wealdstone were 30/1 to win and 11/1 to get a draw. Remarkable odds.

UTS.
Royal Blue

Re: Chesterfield Away 15/05/2021 0-0 Half Time

Postby deadly » Sat May 15, 2021 2:58 pm

0-0 Half Time.
A battling performance. For effort you could not ask for more.
First 10 or so minutes, we were under the cosh, and it looked inevitable that Chesterfield would score.
Stones got more and more into the game and the Chesterfield players got rattled.
Excellent ref, who stayed calm and took advice from his linesperson.
Yellow card for a Chesterfield player.
Stones pressed well, and had several good attempts at goal.
A refreshing improvement.
deadly

Re: Chesterfield Away 15/05/2021 0-0 Half Time

Postby Royal Blue » Sat May 15, 2021 3:16 pm

This from a Chesterfield fan on Twitter - “Wealdstone seem like what ebbsfleet used to be, proper shithouses getting ref onside and kick owt that moves.”

Keep up the good work..
Royal Blue

Re: Chesterfield Away 15/05/2021 0-0 FULL TIME

Postby Royal Blue » Sat May 15, 2021 4:00 pm

0-0 FT - Remarkable result. Not sure how that is possible. Nice one.
Last edited by Royal Blue on Sat May 15, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Royal Blue

Postby deadly » Sat May 15, 2021 4:00 pm

EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE.

Well done lads.
Just the sort of effort put in that us fans want.
Roll on next Saturday.
UTS!
deadly

Postby charlie » Sat May 15, 2021 4:09 pm

All things Bright and Beautiful !.... all creatures great and small

My mate Trevor sang... , Clever Trevor.... "You could knock me down with a feather".. Clever Trevor !!

Very nearly.. Sweet Caroline.. SO GOOD... SO GOOD.
charlie

Next

Return to stonesnet forum