Chesterfield Away 15/05/2021 0-0 FULL TIME

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Chesterfield Away 15/05/2021 0-0 FULL TIME

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Sat May 15, 2021 4:09 pm

Since half time v Dagenham our performances have improved immeasurably. I don't know whether it has been intentional or not, but the changes in midfield have made a big difference and that performance today deserved 3 points. A game plan from SM and MS that frustrated big time Chesterfield who thought we'd turn up and roll over for them, when in fact Stones were the better side and had the better chances. 4 points this season against the former FA Cup semi finalists. Heading out of this season and into the next with positives on the pitch and off it. UTS.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby timfparks » Sat May 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Richly deserved and a taste of how competitive we’ll be next season... imagine going to Chesterfield and getting 0-0! And TBH their keeper made the three saves of the match to keep it level. I think we had about five shots, all on target and on another day might have won. Heroes across the pitch, all keeping their shape... roll on next season!
timfparks

Postby attic » Sat May 15, 2021 4:17 pm

Again...we learned something about those who didn't start. Played extremely well and with a bit more composure up front could have nicked it today.

Though shall not continue to pick a one paced midfield at this level again.

Get the best out of what you've got rather than make excuse after excuse. Something of which our club in has a problem with throughout.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Sat May 15, 2021 4:21 pm

Loved the Chesterfield forum 35 plus predictions with suggested results.. 5-0, ..7-1..,6-0,

All home wins... Have some of that!!!..... No pressure Stones just win when some/all season tkt holders are present next Saturday.
charlie

Postby worruz » Sat May 15, 2021 4:24 pm

Listened on the radio as I won't give other clubs my money to watch a dodgy stream.

Enjoyed hearing a good, battling display and the commentators not enjoying our supposed gamesmanship

Good.

Stuff you

:D
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby attic » Sat May 15, 2021 4:29 pm

timfparks wrote:Richly deserved and a taste of how competitive we’ll be next season... imagine going to Chesterfield and getting 0-0! And TBH their keeper made the three saves of the match to keep it level. I think we had about five shots, all on target and on another day might have won. Heroes across the pitch, all keeping their shape... roll on next season!

Interesting comments re next season considering we were more 'threadbare' today than at any point during the season. It also highlights and absolutely rubbishes the excuse culture that is rife on the terraces.

Losing heavily is NEVER acceptable. Dead season or not.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby 61663 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:47 pm

A most pleasing - and unexpected point- made even sweeter with other contenders for bottom positions all losing with Weymouth pulling away from the wooden spoon race
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sat May 15, 2021 5:38 pm

attic wrote:Again...we learned something about those who didn't start. Played extremely well and with a bit more composure up front could have nicked it today.

Though shall not continue to pick a one paced midfield at this level again.

Get the best out of what you've got rather than make excuse after excuse. Something of which our club in has a problem with throughout.

Anyone able to shed light on "those who didn't start"? Smith up until a couple of games ago was looking good for 'player of the season', but hasn't even featured on the bench since. Has Cawley stayed on Canvey Island?
BillyByrneFan

Postby Tonyd » Sat May 15, 2021 5:51 pm

Smith player of the season!? God help us... he offers size, beloved by Attic, but for me is nowhere near the level, a shire horse in a thoroughbreds race. He is slow to point of being static and can’t pass. We’ve conceded nearly 100 league goals which amongst many things doesn’t say much for our defensive midfielders! Nice hair though..

Let’s hope we can find someone much better next season. He puts some effort in but you can hardly say he’s been missed these last 2 games.

Good result today. Can we find a goal or two somewhere in this team next week? That would be even better, especially if we don’t concede 3!
Tonyd

Postby worruz » Sat May 15, 2021 6:51 pm

Tonyd wrote:Smith player of the season!? God help us... he offers size, beloved by Attic, but for me is nowhere near the level, a shire horse in a thoroughbreds race. He is slow to point of being static and can’t pass. We’ve conceded nearly 100 league goals which amongst many things doesn’t say much for our defensive midfielders! Nice hair though..

Let’s hope we can find someone much better next season. He puts some effort in but you can hardly say he’s been missed these last 2 games.

Good result today. Can we find a goal or two somewhere in this team next week? That would be even better, especially if we don’t concede 3!

Smith will always be a Stones legend for me, for 2012, when he was on loan, and also the 2020 NLS title, but I agree with you.

I'm not sure he will ever play for us again.

That's life and that's how it goes in football sometimes.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum