Stones v Solihull Moors Saturday 22nd May

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones v Solihull Moors Saturday 22nd May

Postby The Guvnor » Tue May 25, 2021 6:51 am

attic wrote:abuzza wrote:

Those of you saying we need an experienced manager at this level with a track record of success... get real. Who on earth in that category would take the job knowing the constraints they'll have to work within, and anyway, the personal financial demands of this imaginary successful manager would just deplete the playing budget further.

I don't think anyone is expecting a 'big name' to come forward and that we will have to more or less take a chance on someone. It worked for Aldershot who went with the inexperienced Danny Searle. Dare I say we have taken the same approach with SM and MS. They will sink or swim with their recruitment this summer imo.

I'm pretty sure I've not seen anyone demand a manager with a track record of success at this level. What I have seen though is a fan base who recognises where we are as a club but quite rightly expects a lot more than we've been getting on the pitch. My view is that in difficult circumstances someone who knows the level rather than a rookie is what we need. Success as this level is the last thing on peoples minds right now, but what is uppermost in their mind is that we stop becoming a laughing stock, become competitive at this level and restore a bit of pride. That is a realistic goal and the minimum that fans expect.
The Guvnor

Postby abuzza » Wed May 26, 2021 6:59 am

As I put in my first post on this subject, I'm not actually saying SM is the right man going forward, indeed I'm deeply concerned that if he has been unable to organise / motivate the players in a crisis, why do we think he'll do better in August? I just think we can't judge yet because everything has been alien this season and hopefully everything will be different next.

BTW, has nobody noticed last night's results mean we're safe from non-relegation? Mission accomplished.

Well, I cared.
abuzza

Postby Royal Blue » Wed May 26, 2021 1:41 pm

The Guvnor wrote:
attic wrote:abuzza wrote:

Those of you saying we need an experienced manager at this level with a track record of success... get real. Who on earth in that category would take the job knowing the constraints they'll have to work within, and anyway, the personal financial demands of this imaginary successful manager would just deplete the playing budget further.

I don't think anyone is expecting a 'big name' to come forward and that we will have to more or less take a chance on someone. It worked for Aldershot who went with the inexperienced Danny Searle. Dare I say we have taken the same approach with SM and MS. They will sink or swim with their recruitment this summer imo.

I'm pretty sure I've not seen anyone demand a manager with a track record of success at this level. What I have seen though is a fan base who recognises where we are as a club but quite rightly expects a lot more than we've been getting on the pitch. My view is that in difficult circumstances someone who knows the level rather than a rookie is what we need. Success as this level is the last thing on peoples minds right now, but what is uppermost in their mind is that we stop becoming a laughing stock, become competitive at this level and restore a bit of pride. That is a realistic goal and the minimum that fans expect.

This is a completely reasoned take on things and the club brush it off it at their peril. 3 wins from 24 games (Barnet, Kings Lynn & Borehamwood) and knocked out of the cup by Darlington is bound to raise eyebrows.

Nevertheless, if the club is to stick not twist, I really hope we get recruitment right, build confidence through a solid pre-season and go again, renewed.

Nothing more can be done, the concerns have been aired - abundantly.
Royal Blue

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum