Ground Works

For all things Wealdstone FC

Ground Works

Postby Thelinesman » Thu May 20, 2021 1:32 am

I write in appreciation & admiration of the mammoth task undertaken by Mickey Kane and the cementing team in the installation of our new stand for the superb job they have done.

Goodness knows how many tons of cement, aggregate, & hardcore have been used in the base and terracing & all done in generally very poor wet weather conditions with days of strong cold winds.

Have a look at the quality of the cement finish which I think is probably the best around the ground too date. Listening to reports of most other grounds in this league we have a long way to go to even begin to match their facilities.

Whilst on this topic I would also mention Nick Symmons and Gordon Thompson who put in a full weeks work & weekends in & around ‘The Vale’ cutting the grass, felling bushes & trees (Gordon’s speciality) unblocking drains & ditches renovating toilets you name it they do it sometimes with help from Trevor, Lance, Dave, John Young and other volunteer members too numerous to list. Last but not least ‘Fingers’ who is almost full time +.
That is what makes one proud to be a member of this Club and even more so with seeing what has been achieved through out this unnatural and horrid lockdown season we are all experiencing.

It must be very heartening for Stuart, Matt and the playing team and their staff to know of the tremendous support they have behind them on & off the field. We wish them every success for next Season.
Thelinesman

Re: Ground Works

Postby hillsy » Thu May 20, 2021 9:00 am

Here here! Must never underestimate the enormous value of people's (voluntary) time. Heroes each and every one of you! Look forward to finally watching some of the game from it on Saturday.
hillsy

Postby worruz » Thu May 20, 2021 10:42 am

Thelinesman wrote:I write in appreciation & admiration of the mammoth task undertaken by Mickey Kane and the cementing team in the installation of our new stand for the superb job they have done.

Goodness knows how many tons of cement, aggregate, & hardcore have been used in the base and terracing & all done in generally very poor wet weather conditions with days of strong cold winds.

Have a look at the quality of the cement finish which I think is probably the best around the ground too date. Listening to reports of most other grounds in this league we have a long way to go to even begin to match their facilities.

Whilst on this topic I would also mention Nick Symmons and Gordon Thompson who put in a full weeks work & weekends in & around ‘The Vale’ cutting the grass, felling bushes & trees (Gordon’s speciality) unblocking drains & ditches renovating toilets you name it they do it sometimes with help from Trevor, Lance, Dave, John Young and other volunteer members too numerous to list. Last but not least ‘Fingers’ who is almost full time +.
That is what makes one proud to be a member of this Club and even more so with seeing what has been achieved through out this unnatural and horrid lockdown season we are all experiencing.

It must be very heartening for Stuart, Matt and the playing team and their staff to know of the tremendous support they have behind them on & off the field. We wish them every success for next Season.

Ah, Ambassador, you spoil us with your first post.

Very well said, I concur.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Royal Blue » Thu May 20, 2021 10:13 pm

Thelinesman wrote:I write in appreciation & admiration of the mammoth task undertaken by Mickey Kane and the cementing team in the installation of our new stand for the superb job they have done.

Yes. When you watch the highlights package from Chesterfield and see their facilities you fully realise the gulf. It is a wide as you will find in any league, anywhere. it just makes you prouder to be a Stone and.. fight/shout that bit harder/louder.

Nice one. I also heard today about some other investments at the club which are extraordinary but unpublicised. Outstanding - you know who you are.
Royal Blue

Return to stonesnet forum