Woking v Stones: what a difference two years makes

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Woking v Stones: what a difference two years makes

Postby charlie » Sat May 29, 2021 3:33 pm

YOU do realise that Worruz the school teacher is very hot on.. speling. charlie

Disappointend in you. Lets hope next seeson you improive.
charlie

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat May 29, 2021 3:42 pm

The Guvnor wrote:Not a bad performance today, probably about as good as it gets with this team and aided by an opposition that were just as bad. A few glimpses here and there of the sort of quality we need to survive at this level but an awful lot of mediocrity thrown in for good measure. The number of times we just give the ball away when we are not under pressure is scandalous and the level of panic every time the opposition get into our final third is off the scale. Hardly surprising I suppose when you've conceded the amount we have but at least we didn't join the 100 club. Good to see Connor Stevens back and I thought he made a decent impression in his cameo role. So all eyes now on the retained list. I have a very bad feeling about it as they say in those disaster movies.

Regarding Connor, showed his quality with that header back to Jake. He was under pressure but assessed the situation and dealt with it calmly.
Stoney Ground

Postby The Guvnor » Sat May 29, 2021 4:34 pm

For those that didn't watch the Livestream we had the usual biased nonsense commentary from the home side. They must have mentioned the fact we had conceded 90 odd goals half a dozen times and were in danger of joining the 100 club and indeed the way we defended you could see why. Fair enough, the facts speak for themselves and we all know how poor we've been at the back this season. However at no time did they mention that as bad as they were portraying us defensively that we were actually above them in the league. However they saved the best to last with a claim that our penalty wasn't actually a penalty. Er yes it was. When a lumbering defender gets caught wrong side of his man in the box the one thing he cannot do is make a challenge. He did.
The Guvnor

Postby Ronnie » Sun May 30, 2021 7:39 am

Ronnie

Postby attic » Sun May 30, 2021 8:14 am

Brilliant work there Jon.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby deadly » Sun May 30, 2021 8:37 am

Excellent set of labeled photos Jon.

I particularly liked the ones showing the goals go in (of course) and the more humorous ones.
Hopefully next pre-season and season proper we can all go and enjoy such sights without restriction. :roll:

Thanks to all who have helped to bring imagery of this most strange of seasons into our homes so we could at least follow the Stones from afar.

So that is it, Wealdstone stay up in our first season back in the Conference / National, and would have done even if there had been relegation in place.
That was our target before the season started & that aim was achieved.

Well done to all both on and off the pitch.

UP THE STONES.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby BillyByrneFan » Mon May 31, 2021 3:13 pm

I saw that Askew replaced Shelvey at half time, was it an injury or just giving Jake a runout?
BillyByrneFan

Postby BillyByrneFan » Mon May 31, 2021 3:27 pm

worruz wrote:I don't think North missing cost us as much as you're saying.

We lost it in midfield with Smith having to go off early on and the others running on fumes.

Mark Scott being in goal didn't help but I'm not sure we'd have hung on even with North in goal.

Mark Scott was with BW at Bracknell last time I looked, along with Sonny Wheeler. I saw on Twitter last week that Bobby has lured Dave Tarpey to the Robins, that's a very good capture even though injuries meant he never reproduced his Maidenhead form. In other news they've signed James Clark, a perennial Bobby favorite.
BillyByrneFan

Postby FGW » Mon May 31, 2021 8:20 pm

Match Highlights (12 Mins):- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJiVO48L4g4
FGW

Play off match today 05 06 2021

Postby deadly » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:59 pm

Notts County 3 Chesterfield 2

Hopefully if regulations next season allow, Stones fans will be visiting Chesterfield, as the first of the play offs has been decided.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum