Woking v Stones: what a difference two years makes

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Woking v Stones: what a difference two years makes

Postby s.k.khanna » Sat May 29, 2021 9:24 am

Royal Blue wrote: Anyway, a sigh of relief at 4:50pm, when this season is finished.

Actually it will probably finish a lot earlier...a gentle reminder that it's a 12.30pm kick-off today!
s.k.khanna

Postby s.k.khanna » Sat May 29, 2021 9:30 am

timfparks wrote:You’re probably right Doug. Do we have dates for those friendlies?

Sorry I'm not Doug but as he's probably still fast asleep at the moment for the record:
Rayners Lane
Saturday 17 July 2021 at Rayners Lane FC - 3.00pm kick-off - £6 admission

Chesham United
Tuesday 27 July 2021 at Chesham United FC - (Kick-off & admission details to follow)
s.k.khanna

Postby Royal Blue » Sat May 29, 2021 11:24 am

s.k.khanna wrote:
Royal Blue wrote: Anyway, a sigh of relief at 4:50pm, when this season is finished.

Actually it will probably finish a lot earlier...a gentle reminder that it's a 12.30pm kick-off today!

Marvellous and many thanks.

We have a friendly against Rayners Lane? Ah I see, to field the 8 trialists in the first half and the other 8 in the second :) Noooooooo....!
Royal Blue

Postby deadly » Sat May 29, 2021 1:24 pm

Be honest, who saw that result coming?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

STONES WIN AWAY AT WOKING 2-4
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby charlie » Sat May 29, 2021 1:37 pm

Well the jokers at Woking s forum.. had predict a score at 6-0,5.0 ...you get the picture... They really are a bunch of Cards.

Gondoh puts two fingers up to the hatters with a brace and assist.......Shame we could not have saved that result for next season.

Keep singing.... Blue M.O.O.N . cant get it out of my head why ?.. BLUE M.O.O.N.
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Sat May 29, 2021 1:48 pm

Wealdstone beat another National League side. On any day, that’s a good day. Bravo. Especially to Mr Gondoh.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Sat May 29, 2021 2:03 pm

Pleasing end to the season. Have to say a very different style of game to the usual hard press physical battle. Woking gave us space and after a difficult first half, we fully deserved our win in the second. As we've suspect all along, we have players who can certainly play when given time and space but sadly that is a rarity at NL level.

A near complete rebuild now required. .

Huge, huge task for the management team by anyone's standards.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Sat May 29, 2021 2:37 pm

Well done the Stones.

Next season starts now. Let's get the players in who make us hard to beat and capable of nicking 10 home wins and 5 away wins next season

That's all I ask for.

Not too much is it?
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby worruz » Sat May 29, 2021 2:40 pm

charlie wrote:
Gondoh puts two fingers up to the hatters

Oh, have we got Luton pre season now?

I might go to that if it's their first team.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Sat May 29, 2021 3:14 pm

Not a bad performance today, probably about as good as it gets with this team and aided by an opposition that were just as bad. A few glimpses here and there of the sort of quality we need to survive at this level but an awful lot of mediocrity thrown in for good measure. The number of times we just give the ball away when we are not under pressure is scandalous and the level of panic every time the opposition get into our final third is off the scale. Hardly surprising I suppose when you've conceded the amount we have but at least we didn't join the 100 club. Good to see Connor Stevens back and I thought he made a decent impression in his cameo role. So all eyes now on the retained list. I have a very bad feeling about it as they say in those disaster movies.
The Guvnor

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum