2021-22 Squad arrivals, departures, retentions, rumours etc

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: 2021-22 Squad arrivals, departures, retentions, rumours etc

Postby Windermere Bore » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:21 pm

attic wrote:Was never really our player. Clearly has connections north of the border and probably wants to step down a few levels with the potential for further injuries.

He has played 200+ games for Jock Premier teams. Brora are an odd case. It's been 30 years since I saw a "Hielan Lig" game. I'd say the standard these days would generally be Isthmian Premier. However, the introduction of a Pyramid has seen clubs become "ambitious."
Brora is 60 miles north of Inverness. So while Cove & Kelty have bought league places by throwing £500+ per week at players from Dundee, Edinburgh & Glasgow to go "part-time", nobody will hack to Brora. They have to hoover up the best players from other northern Highland League clubs and pounce on players released from Ross & Inverness. They pay good money and the owner adopts an Aspect Rangers approach, providing jobs for players. Meekings might be on more up there than at Stones. They are Highland League champs and rattle in 6s and 7s regularly. They beat Hearts in the Scottish Cup earlier this year - a result so shocking it may have woken Beanie up mid-train-journey - and they get in the League Cup this season, with group games v. Dundee, Ross County and others. Not sure how they'd handle trips to Stranraer or Annan if they get into the league.
Windermere Bore

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:44 pm

He could hardly have moved further away from Wealdstone, I note Switzerland is nearer. Just a cameo in a Stones shirt but good luck to hm.
Royal Blue

Postby kenton1 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:05 pm

Bora beat Brechin City in the relegation/promotion matches so are Div 2 this season not the Highland League… only know this as, a saddo, I follow Brechin for my sins…. Therefore, maybe not such a bad move for him as may get seen by better teams and play at a higher level again if that is his wish
kenton1

Postby kenton1 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Oops Div3 not Div 2…
kenton1

Postby 61663 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:56 pm

kenton1 wrote:Bora beat Brechin City in the relegation/promotion matches so are Div 2 this season not the Highland League… only know this as, a saddo, I follow Brechin for my sins…. Therefore, maybe not such a bad move for him as may get seen by better teams and play at a higher level again if that is his wish

Mmm…. Thought I should shut up on this one but in the end decided to put up ….. Kelty (Lowland League) beat Brechin in play offs and will play in Div 2 of the Scottish League next season. Brechin will be playing Brora in the Highland League if they accept the rules of relegation from the SL
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an Ill opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”

Postby kenton1 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:29 pm

Yup,you’re right. A senior moment on my behalf……
kenton1

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:43 pm

61663 wrote:
kenton1 wrote:Bora beat Brechin City in the relegation/promotion matches so are Div 2 this season not the Highland League… only know this as, a saddo, I follow Brechin for my sins…. Therefore, maybe not such a bad move for him as may get seen by better teams and play at a higher level again if that is his wish

Mmm…. Thought I should shut up on this one but in the end decided to put up ….. Kelty (Lowland League) beat Brechin in play offs and will play in Div 2 of the Scottish League next season. Brechin will be playing Brora in the Highland League if they accept the rules of relegation from the SL

So basically he has done a highland fling. Now where did I put my coat.
Stoney Ground

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:22 am

Jack Cook signs from Woking. 6 foot 4 defender, their player of the year last year.

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/stones-sign-cook
BornundertheElmslie

Postby charlie » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:08 pm

So we should be attracting the best semi-pros..who dont want to lose the day job.

Playing in a showcase league.
charlie

Postby attic » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:09 pm

On paper a decent start to our recruitment campaign. Exactly the type of player that the management will be needing to target. There will hopefully be quite a few more around like him.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum