Pre season.

For all things Wealdstone FC

Pre season.

Postby worruz » Sun May 30, 2021 5:24 pm

I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Re: Pre season.

Postby Royal Blue » Sun May 30, 2021 6:09 pm

Fixtures as f**king dull as ditchwater, but let's hope they gets the prep job done - Tuchel's formation last night is the way to go imo, almost impossible to unpick by the pressers.. Brackley did it to us in the trophy semis - the banks of four. Chelsea masterclass against the best team/squad on the planet.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Sun May 30, 2021 6:51 pm

Royal Blue wrote:Fixtures as f**king dull as ditchwater, but let's hope they gets the prep job done - Tuchel's formation last night is the way to go imo, almost impossible to unpick by the pressers.. Brackley did it to us in the trophy semis - the banks of four. Chelsea masterclass against the best team/squad on the planet.

Footballing wise.....no problems at all. Easing in with games against the weaker teams and then three tougher games towards the end. Would really like to see another game against a tough CS team on that spare Tuesday. Last season we got to see exactly where we lacked against the bigger spending CS sides.

Frustrating that we perennially seem unable to attract a 'glamour' friendly. However, these appear to be getting less and less common at other clubs too. It seems you need a direct connection with a premier club if you are to get a first team friendly.

There's Dorking away and to a lesser extend Bedford for the 'real ale' brigade. Expect a minibus full of stoats wearing genuine 80s range C&A jackets (not being removed in spite of the heat) will be out for the day and fully hoaching.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Sun May 30, 2021 7:02 pm

attic wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:Fixtures as f**king dull as ditchwater, but let's hope they gets the prep job done - Tuchel's formation last night is the way to go imo, almost impossible to unpick by the pressers.. Brackley did it to us in the trophy semis - the banks of four. Chelsea masterclass against the best team/squad on the planet.

Bedford for the 'real ale' brigade. Expect a minibus full of stoats wearing genuine 80s range C&A jackets (not being removed in spite of the heat) will be out for the day and fully hoaching.

Saw it last season :lol:. It was a good day out in the sun and just down the road for me. Felt sorry for trialist F who did his ACL. And a first sight of a bewildered Benyu.
Royal Blue

Postby BillyByrneFan » Mon May 31, 2021 11:27 am

On that showing at Bedford, Deadly an I had an asterix against Benyu. :)
BillyByrneFan

Return to stonesnet forum