There’s a Judas at Barnet!

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: There’s a Judas at Barnet!

Postby attic » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:15 pm

abuzza wrote:I think we owe DB a huge debt of gratitude for our success, he's a professional, he's gone to Barnet, so what? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him well. On the other hand, if he comes back gloating if we're not doing well next season and Barnet beat us, that's going to change big time. Makes those two games all the spicier.

Agreed. Ironic though, that a man employed as a 'steady hand' and one of who would be around for a good few seasons was anything but. No one will ever be able to take away the fact that he's possibly our most successful manager of all time when it comes to expectation v achievement. Whether we like it or not he's going to a better funded and facilities wise superior club than ours. Absolutely pains me to say that but I'd wager they won't be anywhere near the relegation zone this coming season either. All the more reason to dislike them I guess.

We, on the other hand, just need to get our own house in order. Accept we're probably the smallest fish in that league by some way and develop a siege mentality amongst the club. Concerned at the terrace apathy that seems to be running through the club at present.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 pm

When all is said and done he achieved the championship with a non championship winning budget when absolutely no one, especially us fancied us to do it. Of course the season ended early and its debatable whether we would have held on had it run its course but what is not open to debate is that cracks were starting to appear. For me thats where the slide started, retaining players who were hardly setting the world alight at NLS level and compounding that with a poor recruitment strategy in the Summer. Allied to almost non existent tactics apart from the gung ho cavalry charges we were seeing saw us struggle at the higher level. In addition we saw a bizarre raft of signings most of which never saw the light of day so it has to be said he hardly covered himself in glory. So a mixed bag but he achieved the impossible in taking us up. Who knows what caused the break up with SM but for sure he can't have been happy with our approach to games so my guess is thats where the conflict lay. I'm not bothered in the slightest where DB has gone, its football and he's out of a job and life goes on. However I would suggest Wealdstone fans should be far more concerned about our own situation than the goings on elsewhere.
The Guvnor

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:21 pm

The Guvnor wrote:However I would suggest Wealdstone fans should be far more concerned about our own situation than the goings on elsewhere.

Oh we are alright, we just don't have much to talk about right now. Well, apart from the GM job.

And we really really need Boris to stick his neck out and release us fully on the 21st or very soon after to make it all viable come 3pm Saturday Aug 21st 2021.
Royal Blue

Postby warren » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Well DB won't be in the dugout he isn't the manager he is the head of football so will be more the running of the club

Harry kewell will be first team manager /coach
warren

Postby Blue Pom » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:36 am

Let me tell you all for those that don't know. Harry Kewell is an awful coach/manager. He started his coaching career at Watford and looked after the U18's and won 1 game all year. His reputation came from being being a reasonable footballer but coach he ain't. He left Watford having failed miserably to improve the team in any way. He then joined Crawley Town and had a crap record there. I believe he got sacked and joined Notts County and didn't last half a season from memory before joining Oldham I believe. Barnet have every chance of being in the bottom half of the table with him at the helm. Think you'll find the only way that won't happen is for the obvious and someone we know getting involved more.
Blue Pom

Postby kenton1 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:47 am

You are correct Blue Pom. his managerial record is as follows re winning percentage - Crawley 31.6%; Notts County 21.4% and Oldham 41.5%. An overall win percentage of 33.9% from 112 games managed. Not too many games managed, so lets hope he has a similar success with Barnet !! UTS
kenton1

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:59 am

Whoa, whoa, hang on a minute boys before we all get carried away with how rubbish Harry Kewell is.

He's managed in the leagues for several years (that counts for something) and in his last role, there were clear signs of improvement in win rate. He's also backed up by DB and not inconsiderable resources. He won't want to fail at this level for sure, there's nowhere else to go.

Let us remind ourselves that SM has a win rate of 16% and has been head coach/manager err.. nowhere else.
Royal Blue

Postby deadly » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:15 am

Never mind the appointments at Barnet. Fuk 'em.

In much more interesting news (well, for West Herts Loyal Wealdstone fans at least)

Fergus Moore & Scott McGleish have been installed as the new management team at Leverstock Green.!

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/2021/06/10/new- ... noucement/

A great appointment, I wish them every success, and who knows where they may end up in the future... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:41 am

deadly wrote:Never mind the appointments at Barnet. Fuk 'em.

Generally yes for the ave fan but forewarned is forearmed. Intel matters in pro sport.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:14 pm

deadly wrote:Never mind the appointments at Barnet. Fuk 'em.

In much more interesting news (well, for West Herts Loyal Wealdstone fans at least)

Fergus Moore & Scott McGleish have been installed as the new management team at Leverstock Green.!

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/2021/06/10/new- ... noucement/

A great appointment, I wish them every success, and who knows where they may end up in the future... :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Fergie has finally officially retired then?

What a career!
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum