Maidenhead Home 20/04/2021 LOST 0-6

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Maidenhead Home 20/04/2021 LOST 0-6

Postby Royal Blue » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 pm

From anyone with a bit of tactical knowledge, what were the issues this time around?
Royal Blue

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:15 pm

Tonyd wrote:
BornundertheElmslie wrote:We're not the only club to have furloughed players but we're now the only club that is a laughing stock in this division.

Ok, which players that have been furloughed that would have had any positive impact on this shower? Efete? Been there, been part of it. Slew, Hughes, Moses, the injured Stevens? Who am I missing here? It’s largely nonsense. This is mostly the team that got us promoted and a load of loanees that immediately break down injured once signed... Shelvey, Harbottle, Langston, Tavares, Fielding. Add Meekings.... we certainly have a knack for signings players..

Meaningless result in terms of the league this season but increasingly disastrous in respect of getting supporters to buy season tickets, buy shares for next season.

It will have to be a moment of weakness if I’m persuaded to watch another streamed game this season. The stream was also rubbish tonight, sound awful and picture not much better

And that’s my point, furlough is a red herring. Our inability to replace players is a constraint but nobody can argue that these players are so bad that these results are understandable or acceptable.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby attic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:19 pm

Have to agree with WES feelings here. There should almost be an honorary relegation position put in place after that performance. Just as well there are no immediate consequences this season.

However the potential damage this is doing to next season cannot just be swept under the carpet.

Not acceptable.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 pm

MaryGoat wrote:How do I go about getting my season ticket refunded? I can't afford to waste any more on this.

Send me your details, I will pay you off .
Stoney Ground

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:29 pm

BornundertheElmslie wrote:
Tonyd wrote:
BornundertheElmslie wrote:We're not the only club to have furloughed players but we're now the only club that is a laughing stock in this division.

Ok, which players that have been furloughed that would have had any positive impact on this shower? Efete? Been there, been part of it. Slew, Hughes, Moses, the injured Stevens? Who am I missing here? It’s largely nonsense. This is mostly the team that got us promoted and a load of loanees that immediately break down injured once signed... Shelvey, Harbottle, Langston, Tavares, Fielding. Add Meekings.... we certainly have a knack for signings players..

Meaningless result in terms of the league this season but increasingly disastrous in respect of getting supporters to buy season tickets, buy shares for next season.

It will have to be a moment of weakness if I’m persuaded to watch another streamed game this season. The stream was also rubbish tonight, sound awful and picture not much better

And that’s my point, furlough is a red herring. Our inability to replace players is a constraint but nobody can argue that these players are so bad that these results are understandable or acceptable.

The issue is players are not committed to challenging to win tackles or aerial battles. The last player to get an impact injury was Josh Meekings who was injured, trying to win a contract.

Unfortunately players are going through the motions and letting themselves the club and the fans down, add in those that aren’t good enough and it just spirals.
Stoney Ground

Postby byronpark » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:32 pm

This for Tim, Tecane Shrowder is one our Academy players, made a couple appearances as Trialist Q
in pre-season friendlies.

What a shambles, not withstanding the current situation, these players are getting paid, doesn't matter
how much. Too many now just going through the motions and taking the piss, either that or they don't
want to play for the manager. Situation not helped by too many of them playing out of position. Olowo
is a centre half, not a wide player. Mendy is a wide player, makes too many mistakes in defence. Seems to be no organisation
when it comes to defending, that had improved, but has now gone out the window. Good interview with Maynard after the game,
no excuses, players need to play with pride. However if they have lost faith with tactics, selection etc, you get the current situation.
Now the whipping boys in the league, those that we still have to play will be rubbing their hand with glee to see which one of them
can get double figures against us. Can't wait for this season to finish, massive rebuild in pre season, and I guess some our established players
may have played themselves out of a place in next seasons squad after the last two matches.
byronpark

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:40 pm

attic wrote:Have to agree with WES feelings here. There should almost be an honorary relegation position put in place after that performance. Just as well there are no immediate consequences this season.

However the potential damage this is doing to next season cannot just be swept under the carpet.

Not acceptable.

It’s not but you think an honorary relegation place is, don’t be so stupid.

Yes it is doing damage, but the blame lies with the players they are the ones throwing the towel in.
Stoney Ground

Postby worruz » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:46 pm

Having Championed people being allowed in to watch us play this season I wholeheratedly take it back.
I wouldn't inflict the current situation on anyone to watch live.

Games being played in front of next to no-one, players out of position, not tracking back, not tackling, not helping out their team mates, heads down as soon as we go behind, blaming each other.
This is as 'depressing' (I dont like using that word for football, its only football) a week of football that I've felt for years. The ESL cv nts, us losing 7 goals to the league leaders and 6 to Maidenhead.
You care so much sometimes about the game you've loved since you were a toddler it hurts and you feel like jacking it all in.

The pandemic has exacerbated a lot of feelings in a lot of different subjects and the past few months in football across the board has been appalling as far as I'm concerned.
Lack of leadership from those who govern the game and those at the top end of the game.

Our Chairman and board have been above that at least and generally been a decent guiding light in this sh1tshow, but tonight is a new low.

I'm finding it hard to connect with anything football related at the moment and for me thats saying something. I love the game and have some of my best life memories around it, but I'm sure thats the same for most on this forum.

An appalling week of football this is.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby attic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:49 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:
attic wrote:Have to agree with WES feelings here. There should almost be an honorary relegation position put in place after that performance. Just as well there are no immediate consequences this season.

Not acceptable.

It’s not but you think an honorary relegation place is, don’t be so stupid.

Yes it is doing damage, but the blame lies with the players they are the ones throwing the towel in.

Was tongue in cheek, it might liven the team up a bit if there was something to play for. Then again, Maidenhead squashed us underfoot with apparently nothing to play for. They are everything we need to aim to be next season. Nothing fancy. Just big, physical, committed and winning the majority of headers and challenges. Not gifting goals helps too.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:51 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:

I agree with this.

I wouldn't say they should shoulder all the blame. There are extenuating circumstances, but you have to do the basics. Compete, track your man, talk to your team mates, tackle, block, etc etc.

The proof of the pudding and all that. They compete until we go a goal down and then it all goes out the window.

Unacceptable.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum