Maidenhead Home 20/04/2021 LOST 0-6

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Maidenhead Home 20/04/2021 LOST 0-6

Postby Not Happy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:03 pm

Not good enough by a country mile. A number of these players were signed with a large element of risk by Dean Brennan. Mainly revolving around their attitude when things go wrong. It's fair to say they've come full circle now..
Not Happy

Postby Ronnie » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:03 pm

My snaps from tonight's miserable performance
https://eglitephotos.smugmug.com/2020-2 ... Maidenhead
Ronnie

Postby John Young » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:23 am

Sheer physical presence was so obvious tonight, yet again an opposing team with 5 players who were 6ft 3 to 6ft 6 in height, muscular just bullied us all over the pitch.Definitely something that needs to be looked at in recruitment. This is a league full of teams like this and to compete we need to add some muscle and a strong, verbal leader to our pack next season.
I understand we’re in a difficult place, but lack of effort , I can’t forgive. Charles and Dyer an exception tonight didn’t give up and young lad from Watford showed glimpses of ability, the rest way too many errors and went through motions.
Get this season finished ASAP and massive rebuild required.
John Young

Postby attic » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:28 am

John Young wrote:Sheer physical presence was so obvious tonight, yet again an opposing team with 5 players who were 6ft 3 to 6ft 6 in height, muscular just bullied us all over the pitch.Definitely something that needs to be looked at in recruitment. This is a league full of teams like this and to compete we need to add some muscle and a strong, verbal leader to our pack next season.
I understand we’re in a difficult place, but lack of effort , I can’t forgive. Charles and Dyer an exception tonight didn’t give up and young lad from Watford showed glimpses of ability, the rest way too many errors and went through motions.
Get this season finished ASAP and massive rebuild required.

Been saying it for years!

Pace, power, attitude, organisation. The underdogs best friend.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby FGW » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:51 am

Ouch....

Bollox, Bollox, Bollox, Bollox, Bollox, Bollox,...

The end of season can't come quick enough...

:shock:
FGW

Postby hillsy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:09 am

I was priviliged to be part of the commentary team with Tim for last night's stream and was really looking forward to the game, expecting a response after Saturday's horror show against the league leaders. There was very little in it for the first hour, only Mendy's hesitant error being punished the difference between the sides. After the break, I thought we were just starting to show some intent and had Dennon Lewis not squandered a very presentable chance things may have been different. It is evident though that when the going gets tough, this team downs tools and whilst to a certain degree, that may be inevitable and understandable given the situation, there is personal and professional pride from the players which should count for something. For the vast majority of them last night, they let themselves and the club down big time.

I was furious watching Olowu, a kid who apparently has a future in the game. Regardless of whether he is playing out of position or not, he made repeated technical errors which you would not expect to see in park football. The fact he shrugged his shoulders said all I need to know. Confidence is rock bottom and there are a lot of weary legs that have played a lot of soul destroying football. The likes of Okimo, Smith, Mendy, Lewis, Dyer, Green, Cawley etc who have all played 40 odd games this season I cannot fault, at least through their efforts. But even they are woefully off the pace and unable to raise themselves or others around them.

As soon as we go a goal down, it's game over. We just don't look like scoring. After an initial bright opening spell, I don't think we touched the ball in their box (possibly even their half) for the remainder of the first half. We're unable to play through the midfield (madness when you have quality like Dyer and Lo-Everton in there) and absolutely no outlet up top. Why Lewis starts up tops with Parish out wide is beyond me? Perhaps to do with the physical presence but it's more square pegs for round holes. That sits with the management team who I'm afraid to say, are not the answer long term. We don't look like we will ever cause any problems from set pieces either so goals are going to be few and far between.

Damage is being done to the reputation of our fine football club, but we need to try and stay positive and see the bigger picture. There are things happening behind the scenes being led by our very astute chairman who is committed and passionate. The work done by our supporters to erect the new stand in the corner should be a reminder of what we're about. We collectively need to get through these final 8 games with damage limitation being a priority. Then breathe a sigh of relief and accelerate the planning for next season.

#ktbf ;-)
Last edited by hillsy on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hillsy

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:11 am

Stoney Ground wrote:
MaryGoat wrote:How do I go about getting my season ticket refunded? I can't afford to waste any more on this.

Send me your details, I will pay you off .

Brilliant, the only bright spot on this thread.
BillyByrneFan

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:17 am

10 of the squad who won 1-0 at Halifax to send us 2nd were in the match day squad last night and on Saturday. Pretty much the same players that took us into the play off positions - with the exception of Isted, Efete, Lafayette, Emmanuel and Slew - are now dragging us towards one of the worst defensive records in the history of the league.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:13 am

I suspect Rory's main wish as he and the board develop investment in the club is - just keep the scores respectable.
Royal Blue

Postby West End Stone » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:15 am

Royal Blue wrote:I suspect Rory's main wish as he and the board develop investment in the club is - just keep the scores respectable.

He needs to sack Maynard NOW NOW NOW!!!!! These so called investor types they know a lost cause when they see one. Maybe they can invest a load of money into paying off the managements sacking payment so we can get someone else in!! Even Bobby the Bumpkin would do better than these two clowns!!!! Ooooohhh Arrrghhhhhh!!!
West End Stone

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum