Aldershot Away Lost 2-0

Postby deadly » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:13 pm

Match preview:
https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/alde ... 64383a0e41

Predictions?????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please, no more record-breaking results. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Aldershot Live stream: :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://aliveandkicking.theshots.co.uk/ ... age/350939
Last edited by deadly on Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Re: Aldershot Away

Postby attic » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Just go out and work hard, don't let the heads drop, take some responsibility....that's all I for one ask!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:33 pm

Don t waste your money on live streaming.

Can we have an 8 score in the goals against col.... Thats all we ask of the team.
charlie

Postby 08masonl » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:42 pm

Anything 5-0 or under is a Maynard Masterclass
08masonl

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:22 pm

08masonl wrote:Anything 5-0 or under is a Maynard Masterclass

I feel for the guy, he must be having a f'ing nightmare with this Wealdstone gig. He looked like a ghost after the 0-6 Maidenhead Mashup.

But what is astonishing (after the run we've been on) is that there are still 5 teams beneath us! It does at least show that if you can get a side together, lead them and put just one run of wins together it bodes well for the season overall. We do have Deano to thank for that, before all the injuries, Barnet, etc. So by no means is next season hopeless if we can sort this current mess out.

Conceivably, Aldershot are in with a chance of the playoffs so I expect they'll turn up and give us a game.
Royal Blue

Postby 08masonl » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:18 pm

Royal Blue wrote:

I feel for the guy, he must be having a f'ing nightmare with this Wealdstone gig. He looked like a ghost after the 0-6 Maidenhead Mashup.

But what is astonishing (after the run we've been on) is that there are still 5 teams beneath us! It does at least show that if you can get a side together, lead them and put just one run of wins together it bodes well for the season overall. We do have Deano to thank for that, before all the injuries, Barnet, etc. So by no means is next season hopeless if we can sort this current mess out.

Conceivably, Aldershot are in with a chance of the playoffs so I expect they'll turn up and give us a game.

I feel for him too but I'm sorry he's simply out of his depth. I hope to be proven wrong....
08masonl

Postby timfparks » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:23 pm

With the hand they've been dealt, how can anyone say Stuart Maynard (and Matty Saunders) are out of their depth? Give them a chance, until the new season is under way at least. Blimey, if I was trying to organise a team at work unable to pay them properly and having to get in fellas who are clearly not up to it, I'd expect to be given a few months to turn it around - knowing that things WILL get better.
timfparks

Postby Stoney Ground » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:56 pm

08masonl wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:

I feel for him too but I'm sorry he's simply out of his depth. I hope to be proven wrong....

Zero budget, unable to sign any players of worth, players that will not put their bodies on the line because they will not be here next year (either their decision or the clubs) no motivation to avoid relegation.

They aren’t out of their depth but treading water and looking round the Quayside in the pubs for old sea dogs or want to be sailors, who won’t leave the bar until their palms are crossed with silver.

All we have is fools gold.
Stoney Ground

Postby abuzza » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:50 am

Anyone writing off Stuart Maynard on the basis of this crazy season needs a shrink. Yes, it's a pity the campaign is petering out in such a fashion, and yes, we could do with a couple of decent results and/or performances in the remaining games to restore a bit of pride, but they will start next year with a clean sheet, blank canvas, etc. Bearing in mind what our expectations were last summer nobody can expect it to be easy, but with crowds back maybe we can rekindle that us against the world, backs to the wall, nobody likes us mentality which has been painfully absent since the season became meaningless. This has been a year of survival and I don't mean in league table terms. Next year hopefully a year of survival in football terms. Give them a chance.
abuzza

Re: Aldershot Away Lost 2-0

Postby deadly » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:54 pm

Lost 2-0. was 1-0 until final minute of 5 mins extra time.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Next

Return to stonesnet forum