Yeovil 01/05/2021 0-2 Full Time

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Yeovil 01/05/2021 0-2 Full Time

Postby MaryGoat » Sat May 01, 2021 4:55 pm

And still Danny Parish doesn't get a look in.
MaryGoat

Postby West End Stone » Sat May 01, 2021 9:20 pm

The usual rubbish day then. Interest in the club is clearly being lost and don't just expect everyone will be back in August all keen and eager. We is gonna lose all the goodwill that was built up and we is gonna be wondering what happened when we don't have many fans left!! So we get told be the inner circle not to judge the management team but mistakes are being made every game. Lo-Everton not even starting yet our best player by a mile. No Parish!!!! What is going on Mr Chairman????!!!!!!! Along with many others I don't think I'll be renewing my season ticket in any hurry.
West End Stone

Postby Ronnie » Sat May 01, 2021 9:24 pm

My photos from today's game - I won't be posting these on social media channels until Tuesday due to the club supporting the social media boycott. Likewise the Stockport pictures on Monday, so please don't copy the link elsewhere, thank you

https://eglitephotos.smugmug.com/2020-2 ... e-v-Yeovil
Ronnie

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat May 01, 2021 9:41 pm

West End Stone wrote:The usual rubbish day then. Interest in the club is clearly being lost and don't just expect everyone will be back in August all keen and eager. We is gonna lose all the goodwill that was built up and we is gonna be wondering what happened when we don't have many fans left!! So we get told be the inner circle not to judge the management team but mistakes are being made every game. Lo-Everton not even starting yet our best player by a mile. No Parish!!!! What is going on Mr Chairman????!!!!!!! Along with many others I don't think I'll be renewing my season ticket in any hurry.

Thanks for your undying support. See you again when we are winning.
Stoney Ground

Postby timfparks » Sat May 01, 2021 11:36 pm

The sad thing, Don, is that anonymous trolls like WES don’t appear on here when we are winning. They only delight in the club’s misfortune. They will say that we are all blind optimists and that they offer constructive criticism - when it is utterly destructive and harmful to the future of WFC. The frustration of a true supporter... or the bitterness of a grudge holder? I think we should be told. On a weekend when online hate is supposedly off the agenda WES is ticking a lot of those boxes
timfparks

Postby deadly » Sun May 02, 2021 6:37 am

timfparks wrote:The sad thing, Don, is that anonymous trolls like WES don’t appear on here when we are winning. They only delight in the club’s misfortune. They will say that we are all blind optimists and that they offer constructive criticism - when it is utterly destructive and harmful to the future of WFC. The frustration of a true supporter... or the bitterness of a grudge holder? I think we should be told. On a weekend when online hate is supposedly off the agenda WES is ticking a lot of those boxes

Some of our most loyal fans see things from a pessimistic viewpoint and will always have a moan.
I remember one fan shouting out abuse at a player when he missed getting a goal when we were three-nil up and cruising.

Wealdstone have loads of fans like that.
WES may well be one such.

Here is those fans anthem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83o1eAS7eiY

P.S. I agree with the point about Parish & Lo-Everton not starting.
Seems odd to me, obviously though there may be factors that fans are not privy to in the selection and decision-making process for team tactics.
And why is Green still taking all dead balls situations?
Hmmm?

Deadly Mr Brightside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaWVK6MYk3A
Last edited by deadly on Sun May 02, 2021 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby charlie » Sun May 02, 2021 6:48 am

WES will be on them fair ground dodgems at the away fixture at Southend next season... Silly old fool.!

Valid points he makes about fans not returning and also about the management team, like Guvnor he has also voiced strong opinions as the pairs suitability to carry the team forward.

Will fans buy as many season tkts in light of this season which will continue with just defeats.... Will the floating fans swerve the Vale. ?

Hopefully Guvnors love of Lockdowns will end and normality will return along with floating fans/season ticket holders/large away followings as well.. to bolster attendances.

So no pressure for the management team/board then ??.... Time will answer all.
charlie

Postby attic » Sun May 02, 2021 8:05 am

Being totally pragmatic here....WES isn't the only one who only seems to post reactive comments to defeats. There's plenty of others who only post when they see something they don't like or when we've lost a number of games. He just seems to be a bit more blunt about it. The opinions that concern me are the silent ones. For the assumption that they will all support the club no matter is idealistic in the extreme. We don't actually know what fans are thinking because we can't evaluate attendance numbers or the terrace mood for obvious reasons.

Let's be frank, us hardcore will generally support the club no matter what. Some will moan away when it's bad, others will just grin and bear it. However those more casual followers will simply move on elsewhere of which is the most damaging opinion of all.

Whatever you say about WES, Bowgetstone or a few others that have posted opinions that don't fit the KTF mantra, they have stuck with the club through thick and thin.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Sun May 02, 2021 8:11 am

Again? This season is a write-off and has been for some time. Are we going to have this debate after 4 or 5 of the next thrashings?

There are six miserable fixtures left. We must see the bigger picture and rally.

If the club has anything to answer for, it is clearly stating in a press release that would be competitive.. "Despite the disappointing result and performance at Weymouth this weekend we intend to field sides that have the ability and attitude to compete at this level. As part of this approach, we are likely to include some loan players and players who have the potential to form part of our plans for next season." See - https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/upda ... -directors

That just simply isn't right or realistic - in a mostly professional league. Oh well, we all make mistakes and we could hardly say - 'we intend to field that are unlikely to win a game because we need to save every penny', but that is the reality and the clear alternative to 'doing a Dover'.

Southend and Grimsby await - let it go I say.
Royal Blue

Postby worruz » Sun May 02, 2021 2:46 pm

attic wrote:Being totally pragmatic here....WES isn't the only one who only seems to post reactive comments to defeats. There's plenty of others who only post when they see something they don't like or when we've lost a number of games.

Those others manage basic standards of grammar at least.
Last edited by worruz on Sun May 02, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum