So what next ahead of the 2021/22 season

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: So what next ahead of the 2021/22 season

Postby worruz » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:49 am

Royal Blue wrote:
BornundertheElmslie wrote:
FGW wrote:I see a number of the 'locals' are expressing their concerns via the Ruislip Community Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/664328316927138 over the planned 6 week 'event' in Jul and Aug at The Vale -

..and the comments are worth a read too
https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson- ... fun-fair/c

Nobody would want a funfair running until 9pm in their back yard for SIX weeks. Difficult this one.

It didn't bother Michael Jackson.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby deadly » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:43 pm

Tonight's zoom meeting went very well I thought, very well organised, with honest and open answers from Rory.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby byronpark » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:59 pm

This event seems to have got a lot of people steamed up, and from information that I have
obtained hasn't been explained very well, leading to residents getting hold of the wrong end
of the stick. My understanding is that it is an event organised for children with their parents
paying for their offspring to participate in activities on the outside main field. If there is a funfair
it will only be kiddies rides and isn't open to the general public. The organiser of this event needs
to publish the exact format and nip any negative reaction straight away.
If the above is wrong and it is indeed a open to all funfair then this will impact on the club, and
the club need to revisit the idea.
byronpark

Postby FGW » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:06 am

byronpark wrote:This event seems to have got a lot of people steamed up, and from information that I have
obtained hasn't been explained very well, leading to residents getting hold of the wrong end
of the stick. My understanding is that it is an event organised for children with their parents
paying for their offspring to participate in activities on the outside main field. If there is a funfair
it will only be kiddies rides and isn't open to the general public. The organiser of this event needs
to publish the exact format and nip any negative reaction straight away.
If the above is wrong and it is indeed a open to all funfair then this will impact on the club, and
the club need to revisit the idea.

https://www.rockandrolla.org/whats-on-at-ruislip
FGW

Postby Ronnie » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:26 am

This was brought up last night at the chairman's meeting and the club will try and alleviate residents' fears- reality is that they won't be satisfied regardless. The website link Alan, it suggests on a rather grander scale, the images used I suspect are very misleading.
Ronnie

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:40 am

Despite all the issues this year, I thought last night's Chairman's meeting was overwhelmingly positive - and Rory impressive too. Totally open and honest about where we stand, but there were plans and strategies to deal with the challenges. My only criticism would be we should talk about this more because I came away really optimistic about the future - not withstanding the lease situation which probably does now need a real focus on a plan B so we are in control rather than the landlords - and excited about next season.

Don't want to betray any confidences, but a few key things worth mentioning. Rory adamant that the management team are the right ones for us right now. They know where we need to improve and we have already signed a couple of new players for next season, we just haven't announced them yet. Actively recruiting experienced National League players to bridge the gap in quality and experience that is so obvious right now. A number of players have contracts or options for next season - Lewis, Mendy, Charles, Philips and Parish. Club has yet to decide whether to take up the options.

There has also been serious interest from investors and serious amounts of money, but the uncertainty around the lease is a constraint.. we need that resolved with some medium to long term security before these investors would part with their cash which is understandable. This is where the club probably do now need to take control of the situation and actively explore other options - they have been but continue to discuss our long term needs with the landlords. At some point we need to draw a line under this so it doesn't hold the club back and move on if we cannot make a breakthrough.

Oh, and around 100 people in attendance proving that there is an appetite for engagement with the club and Zoom really works. Really well organised too, well done to the board!
BornundertheElmslie

Postby attic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 am

BornundertheElmslie wrote:
There has also been serious interest from investors and serious amounts of money, but the uncertainty around the lease is a constraint.. we need that resolved with some medium to long term security before these investors would part with their cash which is understandable. This is where the club probably do now need to take control of the situation and actively explore other options - they have been but continue to discuss our long term needs with the landlords. At some point we need to draw a line under this so it doesn't hold the club back and move on if we cannot make a breakthrough.

Oh, and around 100 people in attendance proving that there is an appetite for engagement with the club and Zoom really works. Really well organised too, well done to the board!

I got the impression that patience is rightly starting to wane regarding the situation on the lease. If it means being proactive in seeking another site, (something of which is very likely happening anyway) then so be it. These 5 year rolling leases are simply no good to us.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:19 pm

All this plan B... lets move on... then.!!!

My only question ..Where is all the money coming from ? Not from you and me I think.

Answers on a postcard please
charlie

Postby FGW » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:57 am

Ronnie wrote:This was brought up last night at the chairman's meeting and the club will try and alleviate residents' fears- reality is that they won't be satisfied regardless. The website link Alan, it suggests on a rather grander scale, the images used I suspect are very misleading.

All a bit late, it is what the 'locals' have been exposed to...

My real concern is will there be any impact on pre-season prep (friendlies at The Vale) and the start of the league season on the 21 Aug which is likely to see 3 games played by the end of Aug. Just hope that they are not 3 away fixtures.... :shock:
FGW

Postby Royal Blue » Wed May 05, 2021 8:35 am

Haven't seen us play for so long - just wondering.. is Askew good enough to be a starter next season? I've heard some positive comments on social media.
Royal Blue

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum