So what next ahead of the 2021/22 season

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: So what next ahead of the 2021/22 season

Postby FGW » Wed May 05, 2021 10:58 am

Royal Blue wrote:Haven't seen us play for so long - just wondering.. is Askew good enough to be a starter next season? I've heard some positive comments on social media.

Massive decision for the MT - I would be surprised if he was first pick, probably a 'No 2' on the bench most weeks.

I recall reading somewhere that Isted will be out of contract at Luton come the end of the season, not suggesting he is the answer....

Also saw on SM that Matt Lench has re-joined Slough Town for next season

Anyone know if the League are prepared to allow clubs to continue with 'Live Streaming'?
FGW

Postby attic » Wed May 05, 2021 1:02 pm

Askew has a lot of potential but probably a couple of years too early to really expect him to be a number one at this level. The present experience he's getting is invaluable to his development though.

I actually thought Moore was more than adequate if I'm being honest.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Wed May 05, 2021 2:23 pm

attic wrote:Askew has a lot of potential but probably a couple of years too early to really expect him to be a number one at this level. The present experience he's getting is invaluable to his development though.

I actually thought Moore was more than adequate if I'm being honest.

Yeah I thought that might be the case with Askew.

I liked Moore and despite him joining us when it all went wrong, I had confidence in him. I think he's signed elsewhere now.
Royal Blue

Postby Royal Blue » Wed May 05, 2021 2:24 pm

FGW wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:Haven't seen us play for so long - just wondering.. is Askew good enough to be a starter next season? I've heard some positive comments on social media.

Also saw on SM that Matt Lench has re-joined Slough Town for next season

Yet another signing that barely played.
Royal Blue

Postby Blue Stone » Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm

I also thought Stuart Moore looked very good. But then so did League 1 Blackpool because he signed for them and has been on the bench in their last few matches.

I see Jon North has gone to Slough and Jack Turner has left them. Any thoughts about him? Or the chap from Forest we have on loan George Shelvey?
Blue Stone

Postby Tonyd » Wed May 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Jack Turner is off to Dorking I understand
Tonyd

Postby Royal Blue » Wed May 05, 2021 4:32 pm

Blue Stone wrote: But then so did League 1 Blackpool because he signed for them and has been on the bench in their last few matches.

Recruitment in 20/21 was and perhaps still is at times baffling- just how many players have been through us this season? The list would be extraordinary.

I'm not party to how we do our business but can't help thinking we should now consider a policy. But perhaps that just wouldn't work with our finances and we just do whatever we can?

I say this with our best interests and the thought that results might come with a settled side?
Royal Blue

Postby 08masonl » Thu May 06, 2021 11:41 am

With all the restrictions going away in June (fingers crossed) does that mean fans are back in August?
08masonl

Postby worruz » Thu May 06, 2021 12:38 pm

08masonl wrote:With all the restrictions going away in June (fingers crossed) does that mean fans are back in August?

Fans are back at the end of this month but restricted.

Hopefully by June we should be given the ok to travel home and away again.

Lets hope there are no variants that circumnavigate the vaccines we have developed and that things, in this country at least, continue to progress.

The sooner people are safer across the whole planet though the better for everyone.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby Royal Blue » Thu May 06, 2021 6:53 pm

worruz wrote:
08masonl wrote:With all the restrictions going away in June (fingers crossed) does that mean fans are back in August?

The sooner people are safer across the whole planet though the better for everyone.

There's nothing much safe about planet Earth, its pretty much done - the last 100 years particularly has seen to that. In as little as 200,000 years, since humans 'arrived', we have f*cked it large. I understand Wealdstone was part of some enormous ancient forest stretching up toward the Shires, not that long ago. We are now looking to rinse Mars..

That said, I'm looking forward to the odd Wealdstone day out - Southend particularly - we'll make some noise there and we'll forget our problems for 3-4 hours. And if we win, partay...like it's 1999.

Billy Clifford to curl in the winner - off the post.. in front of 400 (yes fully 400) pissed up and raucous Stones. Wouldn't that be nice.
Royal Blue

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum