Dagenham & Redbridge 0-5 Full Time

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Dagenham & Redbridge 0-5 Full Time

Postby Royal Blue » Sat May 08, 2021 7:12 pm

The master plan, and it’s hard I know, is to write off this season as a general disaster. However, we must get the comms right to reassure fans that we (the club) recognise that and are doing what is necessary to build a side, a formula, that is competitive next season.

However, I decided long ago not to watch the games anymore so I fully appreciate for those still watching and especially those that have contributed to the playing budget, it must be truly sickening atm.

Anything under 7 is a result. It’s gone boys. 7 defeats in a row. Gone.

We rise again in August but god help SM & MS if they f*ck it up.
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Sat May 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Not so sure formations or positions had anything to do with that first ten minutes. When you simply don't react first, don't do the absolute basics, don't take any responsibility for your own part in the debacle then its just not good enough. Again...it wasn't the entire team. Some were trying their damn hardest out there...but others I felt were not facing up to the challenge. Yes we've had limited options to bring in players, but when you go through our entire team today....there's CS title winners, players who have played in the NL, loanees at pro clubs. Its hardly a dog and pony team.

Those who are questioning the management have every right to do so. There's only so much motivation they can give to the team but its standard practice to question the choice of and performances of the manager regardless of present restrictions. Shenanigans in the changing rooms at half time too.

Expecting a big clear out at the end of the season.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby GingerGuy » Sat May 08, 2021 8:41 pm

how many - including ST holders - will be willing to partake of the real ‘product’ in two weeks time and even more critically willing to invest and renew for the next season.....

Well, I will. See you there.
GingerGuy

Postby charlie » Sat May 08, 2021 8:48 pm

Season ticket offers for next season in matchday programme.... only? ...at present.
charlie

Postby West End Stone » Sat May 08, 2021 9:00 pm

Blimey!!! Nothing more to say really that hasn't been said. Old Maynard looked furious afterwards but to me he's lost the dressing room. Just how can players respect a man who never played at this level??!!!!

Bad, bad decision Rory. Bad decision.
West End Stone

Postby MellowYellow » Sat May 08, 2021 9:02 pm

StoneBroke wrote:Too many people on this forum show about as much composure as our defence. The new management team have their hands tied. Half the players are not good enough and the other half would probably wish they were injured right now.

Lowest budget, half a squad, demotivated players, many of which are not up to this level, no consequence of failure with no relgation, full time opposition with much to play for. ..... what the hell do you expect?..

Everybody wants this season to end ASAP, not least the new management team, so they can focus solely on building for next season. Whether you agree with the appointment or not, I do not think that any manager or coach of any caliber would be turning this around. So if you can’t bear the pain then don’t watch or comment.

I must say though that the continuous string of heavy defeats will leave mental scars into next season for the players that we want to keep. Picking them up and rebuilding is a massive task , not least at this level and would be a test of any manager. It’s a real baptism of fire for Maynard and Saunders. They are the choice of a board that has my support and I obviously hope they succeed. But make no mistake. Staying up next season will be a massive achievement and some positivity and encouragement among supporters have a big role to play in that. So, accept your fate this season and find a positivity coach or therapist for next season. Platty.

I trust the board too. Particularly on stewarding the club’s finances. Which is why the decision to appoint SM surely cannot be seen as anything other than an economic one. The evidence for it being a footballing one is next to non-existent other than their involvement working beneath Brennan to great effect last season. You say any coach would have struggled. Certainly, but surely a more grizzled character would have had a greater well of experience to draw on when trying to motivate and manage a team during what are effectively unprecedented circumstances. But the economics said SM was cheaper and amenable to taking the job - and why wouldn’t he have been. The footballing gamble - as you note - is hoping a near total-rookie can manage at the highest tier of non-league football next season after the trauma of the past few months.
MellowYellow

Postby Ronnie » Sat May 08, 2021 10:04 pm

My snaps from today's match
https://eglitephotos.smugmug.com/2020-2 ... v-Dagenham

1st half absolute shocker, first and foremost too many players letting everyone else down. 2nd half much improved, so frustrating....There's a lot more could and should be said, but dirty washing and all that. No room for sentiment once the season's over.
Ronnie

Postby kenton1 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:04 pm

Have to admit I missed the live stream of this match as the result was only too predictable at the moment. No goals scored and several conceded which was the way of the match again. This type of thing is making the Club a bit of a laughing stock, and looking at the paper today
I noticed that, from the Premier League down to the National League, we have conceded the most goals and have the worst goal difference in all divisions. Not a real accolade for those putting on a Wealdstone shirt ! Also, having failed to score in our last 5 league matches they have matched the 1993-94 team who also managed to achieve this. However, they did win the sixth (and last match of the season) 3-1 at Weymouth thus avoiding 6 defeats on trot and finally finishing 21st out of 22 ! Will this current team become record breakers on Tuesday against Bromley, I wonder. Joking aside, I just can’t understand why the goals have dried up given our attempt to be more defensive and frustrate the opposition...... Let’s just hope we can get it right next season, otherwise more of the same will be very, very depressing. UTS
kenton1

Postby worruz » Sun May 09, 2021 2:36 pm

Having seen SM's interview at least he isn't trying to make excuses or tell people to just give up and stop watching as it's all pointless anyway.
I got a colour TV, so I can see, The Knicks play basketball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum