Covid related bits and pieces.........

For all things Wealdstone FC

Covid related bits and pieces.........

Postby attic » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:15 pm

Will be moving stuff here as it seems the reasonable thing to do.....
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: Covid related bits and pieces.........

Postby deadly » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:43 am

Not sure which thread to put this in with so much going on at the mo, but here is as good as any:

Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
·
2h
Darlington FC:

“We have voted for the league season to be declared null and void.

We believe that funding for the rest of the season should be in the form of grants and not loans.”

Though I doubt this will mean they stop playing before Saturday. :roll: :roll:
But it may mean their squad have their minds on other things at the moment, just as ours undoubtedly will have.
Last edited by deadly on Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:16 am

From what I've seen in the flesh and on the Media this week I can only assume people in this country enjoy being in Lockdown because thats exactly where we're heading back to.

I just don't get it, you hear people talking about Lockdown as though they'd been living in a cave existing on bread and water for a year and how difficult its been. And then the first chance they get they behave in a way that will ensure they'll go right back to that existence.

My advice, don't make too many plans for the next year or two.
The Guvnor

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 am

The Guvnor wrote:From what I've seen in the flesh and on the Media this week I can only assume people in this country enjoy being in Lockdown because thats exactly where we're heading back to.

I just don't get it, you hear people talking about Lockdown as though they'd been living in a cave existing on bread and water for a year and how difficult its been. And then the first chance they get they behave in a way that will ensure they'll go right back to that existence.

My advice, don't make too many plans for the next year or two.

All a bit Norman Stanley Fletcher.
Stoney Ground

Postby attic » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:54 pm

Oh well...most of us of forum posting age now vaccinated at least once. Light very much at the end of the tunnel. Only those who seem to enjoy lockdowns seem to be overly concerned. Might mean having to get out into the sunlight a bit more.

Looking forward to next season already.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:19 am

Sounds to me that Guvnor believes everything in the press including the brilliant fear campaign by the government ,which still sees people moving into the road to avoid people.
Why ?
We are behaving a certain way now because the route out is the Jab... Or is that another load of cobblers. So we can have another lockdown

If you do not want to make any plans for the next year or two Guvnor. Up to you... Just have a thought for those suffering through this be it health/job/financial, especially young people.

Happy Days Guvnor.
charlie

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:32 am

The recruitment activity will continue but we'll miss a full step 4 unlocking purely because the Delta variant is 40% more transmissible and we haven't vaccinated everyone yet. It was always a race against time. My guess is they'll place full step 4 on hold for 4 weeks and have a monumental vaccine push augmented by the dreaded mask wearing, social distancing and a large dose of 'experts warn' headlines pumped through the media channels to shit the minions up as per standard modus operandi. Don't think they could sell anything else to a now generally weary public. Alternatively, Boris will stick his neck out a go for the 21st, no caveats.

Beyond 6 weeks delay and you're into next season.

It must be unencumbered or clubs may fold - they need all the revenue streams running effectively, especially the clubs who are loaned up. Away ticket sales is a significant part of it, as is capacities and bar revenue.
Royal Blue

Postby Royal Blue » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:51 am

As of you didn’t know, the Euros start today. 25% ground capacity :shock:
Royal Blue

Postby attic » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:52 am

Royal Blue wrote:As of you didn’t know, the Euros start today. 25% ground capacity :shock:

Predictably.....'freedom' postponed by a month. The majority being punished by the actions of a minority once again. That's dithering Govt who simply couldn't proactively police/shut the borders (delta variant) and those who refused the vaccine but are now the ones making up the vast majority of hospital cases.

This alleged '1 month delay' needs to be just that. Anything longer and we are in big trouble. We've already gone above any beyond for something that in the long run will prove to be a blip when compared to cancer, stroke, heart disease etc.

Virtually everyone I know who's double jabbed is mixing indoors without care now. There's only so much the public can take.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:56 pm

attic wrote:
Royal Blue wrote:As of you didn’t know, the Euros start today. 25% ground capacity :shock:

There's only so much the public can take.

I used to think that but now I'm not so sure. Society appears to be centred around TV content (consuming, discussing and tweeting about it) and ordering in. Juuuuuusssst Eaaatttt!! - 'chicken wings to the crib', etc.

Having said that, I'm hearing the 19 July really is it and there's no where to go politically. They are, after all, calling forward the 18 year olds now and their chance of falling ill is minute.

God help us if we still have to wear masks in public spaces after 19 July. But experts warn..
Royal Blue

Next

Return to stonesnet forum